Luna Bean is the #1 Best Selling casting kit in the United States!
- The Luna Bean casting kit is a great idea for families or new parents!
- The finished statue makes a great decor item for anywhere in the house.
- Always have a reminder of the love shared between two people.
The unique rubbery mold captures every detail for a perfect one-of-a-kind treasured gift. The Luna Bean casting kit makes a fun and memorable gift activity for families, couples holding hands, and friends to create a priceless memory. Great for an anniversary, engagement, valentine's day, mom, dad, new parents, or grandparents.
Everything you need to create your one-of-a-kind hand casting statue is included in the kit.
Contents: Plastic molding bucket, Step 1 molding powder (1.5lbs), Step 2 casting stone (2.75lbs), fine sandpaper, course sandpaper, demolding stick, detailing pin and detailed instructions. [Wooden bases and other decorative displays shown in some photos are not included in the kit, but may be available for purchase.] A video demonstration is also included further down on this page.
This plaster casting kit for a pair of hands contains the materials to do 1 casting of the following types:
- 2 Adult Hands (Couple's Hands, Wedding Hands, Anniversary Hands, Praying Hands, Friends, etc.)
- 1 Extra Large Adult Hand
- 2 Adults + up to 2 Children (Ages 10 and under)
- 3-4 Children under age 12
- Tips: If using glues, first sand the base surface where the cast will be attached. If using a screw, place a screw receiver plug in the cast during the setting phase.
Sealing the Final Cast: Painting and/or sealing your completed statue is not required, but it is recommended if it will be handled a lot. We have included a few of our most popular finishes. [Temporarily unavailable.] All finishes come with a paintbrush. With the acrylic paints, the first thin coat works as a primer and it is best to apply 1-2 thin coats on top of that. The triple thick glaze and the matte sealant are best when applied in 2 thin layers. A simple, yet effective, sealant is PVA glue and water. PVA glue is school or craft glue such as Elmer's. Mix with about 50% water and apply (use more water if it doesn't seem thin enough). This will leave it as natural as possible as well as sealed.
Molding bucket dimensions: Approximately 8" Tall and 8" in diameter
My husband and I did this for our 20th anniversary. Like it so much that I bought if for a friend's wedding gift. Very special.